Typically, all applicants will have:
- Possess minimum of a 2.1 honours degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent. Applicants holding a 2.2 degree may be considered if they also hold significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience in the desired field.
- Be able to communicate ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations. Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet are expected.
- An honours degree relevant to their subject specialism (at least 50% of the degree content needs to be relevant to the subject specialism) with a minimum of a 2.1 pass for applicants wishing to teach at secondary level.
- GCSE grade 4 and above (or C and above for examinations taken prior to 2017) in Mathematics, English and one Science subject (preferably double science).
- Prior classroom experience is not a requirement of application nor will it be a condition of an offer for applicants that are successful at interview. However, evidence of school-based experience is desirable, so applicants are encouraged to arrange spending some time in the classroom. Other areas of relevant experience may also support an application (e.g. coaching, playgroups, voluntary work overseas). Please note students with suitable work experience in a related field will be given preference during the application process.
Additional course specific requirements must be completed by the 11th May 2020:
- have passed the Professional Skills Tests;
- complete a Vetting Check. For further information on how to obtain this from the Royal Gibraltar Police, please email email@example.com;
- complete relevant checks to ensure they have the health and physical capacity to teach.
English language requirements:
An overall IELTS test result of 6.5, including a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-tests. Equivalent awards will be considered (e.g. Pearson’s Test of English, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English, City & Guilds International ESOL 8984, or the TOEFL- IBT test of English proficiency). If you do not meet our entry requirements, you can still apply as we will consider your application.
Offers are based on a combination of qualifications, the applicant’s personal statement and references. For guidelines on personal statements and references please click here.