This course explains what innovation within a digital context really means.
Class-based, tutor-led training is complemented by PowerPoint slides, videos and interactive exercises to help promote understanding around technology concepts and the impact of these in an organisation.
The topics covered include general IT concepts on IT networking, security, databases, cybersecurity, analytics and data warehouses. You will also gain invaluable insight about the more complex areas revolving around the implementation of ICT Strategic Plans and how these are developed around overall business strategic objectives.
1. Gain a better understanding of IT concepts and implementation of these in the organisation;
2. Gain a better understanding of your business digital strategy and how it can be used to improve overall business strategies and objectives;
3. Apply Digital Strategies to leverage market competitiveness and allow for easier analytical work to be undertaken utilising Big Data concepts through a Business Intelligence and Management Information Systems implementation;
4. Learn how to store, analyse and protect large amounts of data and ensure your organisation’s digital infrastructures are secure;
5. Understand the concepts of cybersecurity and how to improve protection in an organisation meeting GDPR requirements on data handling;
6. Learn to develop digital transformation strategies fully aligned with and supportive of agreed overall business goals and objectives – ICT should be an enabler to the organisation’s overall objectives;
7. Discuss and understand the key success factors in implementing a digital strategy through a holistic approach – taking into account the impact on people, technology, culture and overcoming resistance to change.
£450 – Course fee
£400 – Early bird fee (Expires on 21st December 2018)
This includes all University of Gibraltar registration fees, supervision and tuition.
Certificate of Attendance: on completion of the course