How do I register for courses you offer?

To register for one of our programmes please visit our ‘Apply’ page

How do I contact the University?

For general enquiries, please write to You will then be directed to the relevant person or department.

Do you offer courses in English as a Foreign Language?

The University’s Europa Point Language Centre provides courses in English as a Foreign Language as well as English as a Professional Language.

How much are tuition fees?

The tuition fees vary depending on the Programme. We suggest you visit the pages for the particular programme you are interested in where you will find details of the fees.

What are the term dates and other key University dates?

University term dates for the academic year 2018-2019 will run from September 11th to December 21th 2018, January 7th to April 18th 2019, and April 22nd to July 26th 2019.

What are the entry requirements for your courses?

Entry requirements vary for each particular course. We suggest you visit the pages for the particular programme you are interested in where you will find details of the entry requirements.

Can I visit the University?

Please see the page on visiting the University (Explore)

How can I order a prospectus?

The University will have its prospectuses online shortly. In the interim most of the relevant information can be obtained via this website or by contacting us directly.

How do I get to the University?

Please see our page on ‘Where we are’. Clicking on the following link (Contact us) will take you to it. If you are travelling from overseas, Gibraltar has its own airport which is mainly serviced from the UK. Gibraltar is well connected to mainland Europe via rail and road links and other nearby Spanish airports (Seville, Malaga, and Jerez). There are also regular ferries and flights to Tangier in Morocco.

Does the University have accommodation on campus?

The University does not currently have on-campus accommodation but it is something we are looking into for the near future.

Does the University have any sports facilities?

Currently the University does not have its own sports facilities, but is close to several public recreational and sports facilities as well as sporting clubs and associations. Please contact the University Student Office for more information.

What English language qualifications do I need?

The following qualifications are considered sufficient to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for all undergraduate programmes:

  • Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
  • Cambridge English Language 1119 (at grade 6 or above) conducted overseas by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate.
  • Hong Kong Examination Authority Advanced level Use of English (grade C or above).
  • Hong Kong Certificate of Education English Language (Syllabus B) (at grade C or above).
  • Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) English Language section from 2007 performance levels 5*, 5, 4 or 3.
  • Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE): English Language passed at Level 3 or above.
  • International General Certificate of Education (IGCSE): English as a Second Language, passed at grade B or above.

The following English language proficiency tests are considered acceptable evidence of proficiency in English for all undergraduate programmes provided they have been awarded within the past three years:

  • Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
  • City & Guilds International ESOL 8984 Mastery award.
  • (IELTS) International English Language Testing System when an overall score of at least 6 is achieved with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-test.
  • Pearson Test of English (Academic) score 54 or above, with at least 54 in both Reading and Writing elements.
  • University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) Business English Certificate Level 3 only (BEC 3 award).
  • (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language overall score of 87 or above with at least 21 in both Reading and Writing Skills sub-tests and at least 19 in both Speaking and Listening sub-tests.

Where can I find help for international students?

Please contact the University Student Offices for help with international enquiries.

Can I park my car on campus?

The University campus has some limited parking spaces available to registered students. Contact the student information office for more details.

How do I apply for an undergraduate course?

To apply for one of our courses, please visit our web page on ‘How to Apply’

Is there a deadline for postgraduate applications?

Different programmes vary in their application deadline. We suggest you visit the relevant page for the course you are interested in or contact our student office.

What funding is available to postgraduate students?

The University may from time to time make a call for funded research positions, but otherwise it does not provide funding for courses, Students may be able to obtain financial assistance via other funding sources including grants or from their employers.

Where do I send my supporting documents?

Your supporting documents should be sent to the Admissions Office, University of Gibraltar, Student Admissions Office, Europa Point Campus, Gibraltar GX11 1AA.

How long will it take to get a decision on my postgraduate application?

If you are applying to become a University of Gibraltar Researcher, then on the basis that your initial pre-application was successful, you will be called to interview, and following a positive outcome, be made an unconditional offer. The whole process takes around three months. Other postgraduate offerings may have different enrolment processes and will be available as and when these programmes or positions are announced.

What is the difference between taught courses and research courses?

Quite simply, the amount of independent research increases with the level of the degree. Whereas in some undergraduate programmes you may be required to undertake a small research project and write a short dissertation, for a Masters course you will be required to carry out and successfully present a larger, more structured and developed research topic. For a PhD it is likely that aside from some short courses to help develop your skills, practically all of your programme will be based upon your particular research project and finally assessed by a viva panel, following submission of your dissertation.

Do you have courses that start in January?

Some courses, particularly those offered by our Institute for Professional Development and Continuing Education, may start in January. Please contact the Student Office for more details.

Do you have a question we haven’t answered?

If so, please send us an e-mail on and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have.