Your login details to access the University computers and email should be as follows:
Username: Email address
You can access your emails from the following address:
Once you login for the first time please follow the instructions below and change the default password provided.
Note: You may be prompted to select your location and time settings on your first login. Please select the correct location and time.
Login to mail account as above. Once logged in go to the top right menu > Options > Change password. Enter your current and new intended password and submit the changes.
You should never provide your login details to anyone. If you need to share your calendar, contacts or other resources with colleagues, contact the IT Help Desk for assistance and we will be able to discuss the available options.
A password is commonly used with your username or userid to prove your identity when using web-sites, email and other ICT services.
It is also serves to protect your security, so it is vital that the password is not known by others and that it is not weak. A weak password is either easily guessed or can be ‘cracked’ by malicious individuals. When managing your accounts you should also use a different, strong password for each.
If you use the same password for multiple accounts, you are putting yourself at unnecessary risk and are more likely to have your account hacked. You should certainly use a different password to access University services than any used personally.
Strong passwords are a mix up characters and use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. An easy way of doing this is by taking familiar words and substituting letters for numbers, for example: ‘My lucky number is 9’ could be My1uckynumb3ris9.
To add your University mailbox to an Outlook client, please do the following:
- Make sure you are connected to the inter-net.
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- Go to Start > Control panel > Mail.
- Click on “E-mail Accounts”.
- Click “New….”
- Select “E-mail Account” and press “Next”.
- Select “Manual Setup or additional server types” and press “Next”.
- Select “Microsoft Exchange Server or Com-patible service” and press “Next”.Click “More settings” > “Connections” tab and select “Connect to Microsoft exchange using HTTP”.
- Click “Exchange Proxy Settings…” and enter the following details.
- Click “OK”
- Enter Server name, “exch01ug.unigib.edu.gi” and your username.
- If all settings have been entered correctly you will be able to press “Next” and finalise the set-up.
* If requested for a login, use the credentials provided by ICT. (Email address).