The first stage of the project was to carry out a literature search to analyse the studies that had already been carried out in this area, using similar techniques. The pilot study was the second important stage of my research, as I had to build the two BRUVs and test them several times in order to make modifications so that they were optimal and operational for the start of my internship at Stella Mare.
Over the two months of the course, I spent 14 days at sea deploying my BRUVs 76 times in total in the Gulf of Saint-Florent. I learnt a lot during this period, both technically with the deployment of the BRUVs, and in terms of relationships with the people I met in the laboratory and all the knowledge I gained. The analysis of the video sequences allowed me to develop a lot of knowledge about Mediterranean fish and their identification. Statistical analysis was also an essential part of the report with the use of software such as PRIMER, SPSS or R Studio, as well as the writing and organisational part, which we think we may have a solid basis on thanks to the previous academic years but which represented a challenge for a particular mission such as the realisation of a research project.