The STCW Fire Prevention and Firefighting course is set up to offer delegates pursing, or in need of Certificates of Competence, capable seafarers, UK watch ratings and others with survival roles at sea the necessary teaching and training in fire prevention and firefighting that attains the required knowledge, understanding and proficiency laid out in the STCW code.
- Fire theory;
- Causes of ignition;
- Onboard safety;
- The conditions required for fire;
- Methods to extinguish fire;
- The spread of fire;
- Classes of fire.
- Carrying out the initial actions on discovering a fire;
- Identifying the environment;
- Correctly using portable and mobile fire extinguishers;
- The use of hoses, nozzles and hose equipment;
- Extinguishing different types of fire;
- Testing and using BA equipment.