The STCW Personal Survival Techniques Refresher Training is set up to offer prospective delegates with the necessary training to maintain proficiency as required in the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments. The half a day course is comprised by a blend of theory development and practical experience. Non-swimmers are permitted on this course and will always be supervised by fully qualified instructors.
- Main types of maritime emergencies;
- Types of life-saving appliances;
- Survival craft;
- Equipment in survival craft;
- Location of personal life-saving appliances;
- Principles of survival during a maritime emergency.
- How to don a life jacket;
- How to safely jump from a height into water;
- How to right an inverted raft whilst wearing a life jacket;
- How to swim whilst wearing a life jacket;
- How to board a survival craft from the water whilst wearing a life jacket;
- What initial actions you need to take when boarding survival craft;
- How to operate survival craft equipment.