PhD Research at University of Gibraltar
The University of Gibraltar is a dynamic university located in one of the world’s most important crossing points. The Straits of Gibraltar have served as both bridge and barrier between Africa and Europe, and the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, since prehistory. This unique location, coupled with outstanding facilities, means that the University is ideally placed to become a centre of excellence generating high-quality original academic research.
The University’s research effort is based on the following overarching goals:
- Support excellence in scholarship
- Match our strengths with opportunities
- Increase our research capacity, particularly in Gibraltar-related subjects
- Create a dynamic research environment to promote research excellence
- Invest in individuals and provide the infrastructure and support for each to excel in his or her chosen field of inquiry or expression.
To find out about existing PhD work please click here.
Resources that support your research
When you become a University of Gibraltar PhD Researcher, you will be provided with a range of facilities and support structures to assist you in your research studies. These facilities include:
- Use of the University of Gibraltar premises, with access to relevant Associate Campuses of the University of Gibraltar and their resources, including The Gibraltar Botanic Gardens, The Gibraltar Museum and The Gibraltar Garrison Library;
- Gibraltar and Internationally-based specialist academic supervisors to support you with your studies;
- Access to specialist equipment and other researchers;
- Taught courses to complement and support main research themes;
- A collegiate atmosphere within which to undertake your research