Call for Expressions of Interest - Marie Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowships - Call Closed.
The objective of this call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) is to select potential candidates to work with us through to submission of a full research application to the Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowships programme in September 2020.
The University of Gibraltar welcomes EoIs from experienced researchers whose expertise aligns with our priority research-themes.
The goal of the Individual Fellowships scheme is to support the career development of outstanding researchers by working abroad and diversifying their individual competence in terms of skill acquisition through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility
Research topics: These are not pre-determined by the scheme. However, the University of Gibraltar shall only engage in research proposals that align with our research themes (see above).
Duration: Typically 2 years
Funding: Salary including travel and family allowance (where applicable) plus training costs
The predetermined gross salary by the programme is ca. €81,800 pa
Profile and eligibility of candidates
Candidates must comply with the following two requirements:
Qualifications: Hold a PhD or have at least 4 years full-time equivalent research experience.
Mobility Rule: Have not resided, worked or studied in Gibraltar or the UK for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before 9 September 2020.
The candidate should satisfy at least two of the following desirable skills:
- A suitable publication record;
- Presentations at seminars and conferences;
- Organisation of conferences in your field of research, including membership in the steering and/or programme committee;
- Won prizes or awards for research-related activities;
- Funding received for research projects;
- Supervising and mentoring activities;
- Led or participated in research expeditions, including international experience;
- Examples of collaboration with the private sector/industry;
- Public outreach activities and knowledge transfer activities;
- Granted patent(s).