About this course
The Master of Sport Management (MSptM) is a full-time, four year course which enables you to undertake three years of undergraduate level study, followed by a fourth year of postgraduate study, leading to a Masters qualification.
Designed in collaboration with sports institutions, high-profile academics and industry experts, the programme provides you with the knowledge and experience to succeed in sport management.
Our strong industry links run throughout the course which is designed to include valuable contact with practising sports professionals as well as meaningful industry placements during each year of study. Delivery will combine both theoretical and practical content and topics covered include:
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Principles of Sport Marketing
- Business & Management in a Global Context
- Sport Technology & Innovation
- Stadium & Venue Management
Based at the University of Gibraltar’s purpose-built Europa Point Campus and Associated Campuses and partner sites, you will have access to the resources you will need to learn and develop your skills in sport management. You will also have the opportunity to learn in the midst of major international sporting events as Gibraltar prepares to host the NatWest Island Games and UEFA events.
This course combines theory with practical study and industry placements.
Introduction to Sport Management
Core Management Concepts (inclusive of a 1 week work-placement)
Sport & Society
Event Management: Planning, Concept & Design
Principles of (Sport) Marketing
Business & Management in a Global Context
Introduction to Research Methods for Sport Management
Compulsory 4-week placement
Fundamentals of Accounting & Finance
Sport Technology and Innovation
Stadium & Venue Management
Advanced Research Methods
Compulsory 4-week placement
Sport Leadership and Governance
YEAR 4 (POSTGRADUATE LEVEL)
Compulsory 20-week placement and accompanying reflective article
Research Dissertation/ Research Project
The course is designed for those who are interested in developing a management career in one of the fastest-growing components of the world economy.
Typically, applicants for Master of Sport Management will have:
- BCC at ‘A level’, and a strong GCSE profile (5 GCSEs A-C) or international equivalent.
- GCSE Maths and English or an approved science at grade C (or equivalent), basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet.
- The ability to communicate their ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations.
English Language Requirements:
- An overall IELTS test result of 6.5 overall, including a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-tests. Equivalent awards will be considered (e.g. Pearson’s Test of English, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English, City & Guilds International ESOL 8984, or the TOEFL- IBT test of English proficiency).
Offers are based on a combination of qualifications or predicted grades, the applicant’s personal statement and references.
£9,250 per year (2017/18 academic year for home and EU students). The final year, at post grad level, would be charged at a higher level.
|UK and EU (until 2019)||£9,250||Year 1-3|
|EU after 2019||£14,020||Year 1-3|
|UK and EU (until 2019)||£11,250||Year 4|
|EU after 2019||£16,020||Year 4|