Together with our community
Improving and embedding sustainability throughout our University
We aim to promote a culture of ‘rethink, reduce, reuse and recycle’, in order to significantly reduce waste and increase recycling across the campus. These are some of the ways in which we achieve this:
– Recycling points have been set up across the campus for everyone to use.
– We work with Metalrok Ltd for our recycling.
– We are working towards a social, ethical and environmentally friendly purchasing approach.
– Our car-park is equipped with solar-powered LED lamp-posts and we have installed LED lighting around the campus.
– We have two new water fountains on site to encourage students, staff and visitors to use reusable bottles.
As well as reducing our impact on the environment, we encourage students to be the change-makers for a sustainable future.
The University’s Sustainability Team runs fun and interactive sustainability activities and campaigns throughout the academic year. These are some of the key events which we participated in or organised:
– World Environment Day
– Fundraising for Local Charities
– Sustainability Week
– Earth Hour
– Clean up the World Day
– Recycling Workshop
PHD STUDENTS INITIATIVE
NEW WATER FOUNTAINS
Recent Posts / View All Posts
20 September 2018
27 September 2018
21 December 2018