An International Seminar to Celebrate the Launch of the Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
7th April 2017, 1:45 pm at the University of Gibraltar, Europa Point Campus
The University of Gibraltar is delighted to be hosting an international seminar on the ‘Commonwealth of Learning’, celebrating the launch of the Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme.
The seminar aims to focus on the core issues relating to learning, change and engagement with the Commonwealth family. Given Brexit, and current discussions around Article 50, the seminar will be addressing issues regarding the future relationship and possible strengthening of ties between Gibraltar and the Commonwealth.
Confirmed speakers for the seminar include:
- Professor John Wood CBE FREng, Secretary General of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Dr Jennifer Ballantine Perera, Director, Institute for Gibraltar and Mediterranean Studies
- Dr Alastair Niven LVO OBE, University of Oxford, Trustee for the Council for Education in the Commonwealth and a specialist in Commonwealth and post-colonial literature.
- Lord Luce, the Chancellor of the University of Gibraltar, who will also be chairing a panel discussion session.
- Peter Montegriffo QC, Patron of the Royal Commonwealth Society, Gibraltar Branch and a member of the University’s Board of Governors.
- Professor Daniella Tilbury, Commonwealth Scholar, Vice-Chancellor and CEO, University of Gibraltar.
Click here to book your free place.