The visa you’ll need to study in Gibraltar depends on the country you’re coming from and how long you’ll be studying here.

Contact our Student Experience Team (SEO) who will assist you with determining the correct visa required to study in Gibraltar.

Chat With Us

Students from inside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

If you’re from a country that’s inside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will not have to apply for a visa.

Given that Gibraltar has left the EU with the UK, at present, this has no effect on studying here if you’re a student from the EEA. We’ll update this page and inform you if this changes. If you have any worries or concerns about this, please contact the Student Experience Office for information.

Schengen visa

We recommend that non-EU/EEA nationals apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa in your home country before departure. This will allow for travel to Spain and other EU countries.

Information and support

Whether you need further information on visa requirements, or want to know about the support we offer when you study at the University of Gibraltar, simply get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
Contact Us